Labels

Saturday 19 March 2016

WOMAN EMPOWERMENT-WHAT'S THAT?




SCENE 1(OFFICE)
First Man- Hey, what is this all hullabaloo around woman’s day? There is so much going around in social media, TV channels and newspapers. The entire month is being dedicated to them. I just don’t get it, why a special day a for special creature called female?, just because she is from Venus and we are from Mars.
Second Man- Ya, I know. I thought entire nation is busy flipping channels looking for masala on Pappu, Pappu ki Maa and Kanhaiya. Guess, I was wrong.
First Man- On this auspicious day of 8th March, I attended a college function, wherein some fellas were enacting a skit on dowry. There was a part which was particularly hilarious, when some of the boys stood up and said, “Hum sapath lete hain ki na dahej denge, na lenge”. If a man or his family doesn’t demand dowry, how is that woman empowerment?
Second Man- Thats all gimmick. In the name of empowerment these damsels  make sure to distress us asking for divorce, huge alimonies, right to late night party, right to gyrate in public and that God forbidden-GAY!! wala thing. Dowry is an age old custom, it has co existed for years and will remain in existence. This sanctimonious institution cannot be subjected to whims and fancies of this class.
First Man- I second you on this. By the way, you got any suitable match for your sister?
Second Man- Oh yes. After a thorough search, we have zeroed on a boy who is a PO in sarkari bank. He has all good looks of a successful man with his french Beard and potbelly. But their demands are way too high, 15 lakhs in cash and a Swift Dezire. Ufff…… that’s not even the market rate of PO.
First Man- How much did you ask for dowry?
Second Man- Ahhhhh………… I didn’t ask for anything. I was man enough to forbid my parents from taking any dowry but my in-laws insisted on 7 lakhs in cash and one Maruti Alto. That was 10 years back and Alto was newly launched. And what a lavish wedding it was……..!!!!
First Man- Yeah, I heard that your father-in-law passed away 15 days after your wedding, leaving behind two unmarried daughters.
Second Man- Ohh!!!  Yes. I will tell you the reason behind it. Actually, his youngest daughter was in love with a Muslim guy and was planning to elope with him. She was caught red-handed. That  ****ing bitch. And people talk about woman empowerment. Seriously people !!!

                                               SCENE- II (HOME)
Lady- I am going to put in my resignation tomorrow.
Husband- Why? What happened?
Lady- Today, while coming back from office in Auto, I was groped by an aged man. I felt so helpless   and stupid. Even the autowallah was sitting shamelessly doing nothing.
Husband- Good Lord!!. Did you mention the incident to anyone? Or complained?
That is why, I ask you to dress appropriately for office. You should not try to attract attention with your clothing.
Lady- Way to go man, instead of empathising with me, you are actually giving me a lecture on re-arranging my wardrobe. Woman are moving ahead, getting empowered and here you are making me feel like I don’t even exist. I cannot ask for more.
Husband- You don’t want to listen to me, that’s Ok. But that’s the fact my dear. Welcome to real word, there is no term such as female empowerment. Its limited to seminars and talk shows.

SCENE-III (KITTY PARTY)
OLD LADY- Hello dear, how was your trip to Jaipur?
HER FRIEND- Great, did a whole lot of shopping and visited many places.
OLD LADY- I have heard you daughter-in-law has joined her office again.
HER FRIEND- Hmm. What to do? Her office work is more important than her two year old baby. Girls these days are always running after money, even though they have a well earning husband. If she is happy working for peanuts, let her be.
OLD LADY- How’s is your son dealing with all this?
HER FRIEND- My poor baby. He is under lot of pressure from these day hectic work schedule, growing baby and nagging wife.  And people talk about woman empowerment. To, hell with it………

                                                       SCENE-IV
Little Birdie- Sire, Sire, what is woman empowerment?

Bored Panda (Slowly opening his eyes and Yawning!!) - Woman empowerment is not actually empowerment. It’s a state of mind, yet to be constituted and way of life, difficult to be attained.

No comments: